- Howard Brown Health
- Near North Health Service Corporation
The headquarters of Howard Brown Health is about 7 miles, or about a 20 minute drive, from downtown Chicago. The headquarters of Near North Health Service Corporation is about 2.5 miles, or a 15 minute drive, from downtown Chicago. For a basic overview of Chicago’s city and demographic information, view the latest United States Census Bureau’s demographics estimates.
Site Supervisors are responsible for coordinating the program on-site, providing site orientation and scheduling time for leadership training, webinar participation and other related program activities.
- Tim Long, MD
Internal Medicine Physician
Near North Health Services Corporation
Chief Clinical Officer
Alliance Chicago & Health Choice Network
- Cecilia Hardacker, MSN, RN, CNL
Director of Education
- Howard Brown Health
Faculty Advisors provide guidance for the PCLP Project and offer professional and academic mentoring.
Housing & Transportation
Read below to find out more about housing and transportation options. Please keep in mind that GE-NMF PCLP does not endorse any landlord, management, company, or individual in these sites.
Downtown Chicago is about 5 miles or a 20 minute drive away from our Chicago Site Partners. When searching for housing, keep in mind that you will have to commute to your Site Partner as well as to other community sites, and should think about access to internet, transportation, etc. Below, we have provided a starting point for your housing search that have been helpful for previous PCLP Scholars.
- Craigslist – Go to the Chicago metro page and search within “housing” or “sublets/temporary,” and then click on the tabs at the top for specific cities.
- Rotating Room – Subletting site for fourth year medical students doing fourth-year-away rotations.
- AirBnB – Search for Chicago, IL and select the dates you would need based on your time block.
- Just Passing Through or Sublet Smart– Short-term furnished accommodations
Keep in mind that having a car is the best means of transportation and will allow you travel flexibility and convenience. However, if it’s impossible to have a car during your service-learning experience, there are public transportation options in the Chicago area.
- Chicago Transit Authority – Can search routes on the website or on Google Maps. Heartland Health Centers is near the LaSalle & Madison bus stop. Howard Brown Health is near the Sheridan stop on the Red Line. Near North Health Service Corporation is near the Clark/Division stop on the Red Line.
- A 30-Day Pass can be bought that allows for unlimited rides on the rail systems and bus routes per month. Each 30-Day Pass costs $100.