- Adelante Healthcare
The headquarters for our Phoenix Site Partner is located 4 miles from Downtown Phoenix. For a basic overview of Phoenix’s city and demographic information, look at the most recent United States Census Bureau demographics.
- Audrey M. Bohanan
Chief People Officer
- Adelante Healthcare
- Doug Campos-Outcalt, MD, MPA
- Associate Head, Preventative Medicine
University of Arizona, College of Medicine
- Jonathan Cartsonis, MD
- Director, Rural Health Professions Program
Department of Family Medicine
- University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix
- Katherine Kenny, DNP, RN, ANP-BC, CCRN
- Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
College of Nursing and Health Innovation
- Arizona State University
Housing & Transportation
Read below to find out more about housing and transportation options. Please keep in mind that GE-NMF PCLP does not endorse any landlord, management, company, or individual in these sites.
Downtown Phoenix is about a 14 minute drive from Adelante Healthcare. When searching for housing, however, keep in mind that you will have to commute to your site as well as other community sites, and should think about access to internet, public transportation, etc. Below, we have provided a starting point for your housing search. Some of these resources have been helpful for previous PCLP Scholars.
- Craigslist – Go to the Phoenix, AZ page and search within “housing” or “sublets/temporary.”
- Rotating Room – Subletting site for fourth year medical students doing fourth-year-away rotations:
- Arizona State University Sublets – Postings for apartments available to sublet from ASU students.
- AirBnB – Search for Phoenix, AZ and select the dates you would need based on your time block.
Keep in mind that having a car is the best means of transportation and will allow you travel flexibility and convenience. However, if it’s impossible to have a car during your service-learning experience, there are public transportation options in the Phoenix metro area.
- Valley Metro provides public transportation for the Greater Phoenix Metro Area through Valley Metro Rail, Valley Metro LINK, and local buses. Click here to check the route schedules and maps.
- A 31-Day pass that covers the local bus, LINK, and light rail costs $64. Click here to purchase a pass or look at other fare options.