Boston MA & Gateway Cities in MA
PCLP is partnering with the Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers and the Kraft Center for Community Health Leadership to form the GE-NMF PCLP – MA Collaborative. This joint initiative places PCLP Scholars in Boston and the Gateway Cities of Brockton, Chelsea and Lynn, where service-learning projects will focus on substance use disorders and behavioral health.
- Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
- Brockton Neighborhood Health Center
- Codman Square Health Center
- DotHouse Health
- Fenway Community Health Center, Inc.
- Lynn Community Health Center
- MGH Chelsea Community Health Center
For a basic overview of each city and their demographic information, click their name below to view the latest United States Census Bureau’s demographic estimates.
Fellows from the Kraft Center will help shape the Scholars’ on-site experience, and Pathway Mentors from across the healthcare delivery spectrum will provide guidance in Boston’s unique medical and academic world. Enhanced opportunities for networking will help connect PCLP Scholars to Boston’s primary care community.
Housing & Transportation
Read below to find out more about housing and transportation options. Please keep in mind that GE-NMF PCLP does not endorse any landlord, management, company, or individual in these sites.
Downtown Boston is about 12 miles or a 30 minute drive away from Lynn Community Health Center. When searching for housing, keep in mind that you will have to commute to your Site Partner as well as to other community sites, and should think about access to internet, transportation, etc. Below, we have provided a starting point for your housing search that have been helpful for previous PCLP Scholars.
- Craigslist – Go to the Boston metro page and search within “housing” or “sublets/temporary,” and then click on the tabs at the top for specific cities.
- Rotating Room – Subletting site for fourth year medical students doing fourth-year-away rotations.
- AirBnB – Search for Boston, MA or Lynn, MA and select the dates you would need based on your time block.
- Harvard Medical School – Short-term accommodation list.
- Boston University Medical Campus Housing Resources – Short-term housing options.
Keep in mind that having a car is the best means of transportation and will allow you travel flexibility and convenience. However, if it’s impossible to have a car during your service-learning experience, there are public transportation options in the Boston area.
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority – Can search routes on the website or on Google Maps. Lynn Community Health Center is located near the Union Street stop.
- A Monthly LinkPass can be bought that allows for unlimited rides on the subway and bus routes per calendar month. Each Monthly LinkPass costs $75.